If you’d like to train with us, here’s what you need to do:
1. Show up to any session — you can try jiu jitsu without paying mat fees. Our instructors take no money, which keeps fees low. Arrive about ten minutes before the session starts, do a bit of paperwork, and join in. Just wear loose comfortable clothing.
2. Train and get a feel for what we do. The club members are friendly and will help you along on your first day. Click here to find out what a typical jitsu session is like.
3. If you enjoyed it, you can join the club by filling in an insurance form — ask an instructor for one. It covers you for a year, enabling you to train at any club in the country that’s part of our style. If you are a student at UCL, you also have to join the club officially through the union, which you can do here.
4. You can buy a judogi or training uniform from us if you like. We order from a wholesaler and make no profit from this.
5. Then train twice a week, three times if you can. Of course you can come along for fewer sessions if that suits your schedule. There are lots of courses you can attend as well — regional and national courses, first aid courses, weapons courses, and more.
6. That’s it.